Have you always dreamed of the Ultimate PC Gaming Rig? If you could have everything you wanted to make it complete what would you include? Which games would you play on it?
We’ve teamed up with NVIDIA to offer you the chance to share your Ultimate Rig.
Two top PC Gamers will then judge which rig they deem to be the ultimate and award an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 graphics card to the winner!
How to enter
- Write a blog post describing your Ultimate PC Rig
- The Rig must contain an NVIDIA GPU
- You can include a picture of your Rig – Photoshop or a photo of a drawing/diagram is fine (this isn’t compulsory to enter)
- Copy and paste the code below to add the Ultimate PC Rig badge to your blog post
- Share the link to your blog post (do not post your entry here, just a link to the entry on your blog) with us either in the comment section here or on Twitter (hashtag #ultimaterig)
- Remember: have some fun; the more interesting/amusing/entertaining the better!
Code for badge
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 is the fastest, DirectX 11 single GPU in the NVIDIA stable, optimized for outstanding performance and an innovative thermal design, GeForce GTX 580 delivers awesome DirectX 11 tessellation performance so you can experience mind-blowing realism with all your favourite games.
GTX 580 supports 3D Vision, allowing you to surpass the boundaries of your screen into a new dimension with NVIDIA 3D Vision technology.
Enter your blog post into the Gaming Rig Competition to be judged by a panel of expert PC Gaming judges – and be in with a chance to win a GeForce GTX 580! Gear Up, Game On!
To help get your creative juices flowing (though we’re sure you already have a pretty clear idea of what your ultimate rig would be!) here’s an example of what we’re looking for:
Example: Ultimate PC Gaming Rig… The Batcave
Firstly, the fastest desktop processor known to man, backed up by a mighty 24 gig of the fastest ram available. A trio of GTX 580 3072MB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI PCI-E Graphics Cards, for the perfect SLI setup, 3 terabytes of super speed Solid State Hard disk goodness, to store every Batman game since the ZX Spectrum, all backed up by a 1200 watt modular PSU. Mmm… modular.
Then, because the Batcave is a big place, the ultimate monitor setup – three 70″ 1080p monitors, to make those pixelated bad-guys as lifesize and realistic as possible. And because the acoustics in the cave are unrivalled in any superhero hideout (Cave of Solitude, Cave of Schmolitude) – a top spec soundcard and a 5.1 surround setup. And an external 12 terabytes of storage for all those Beiber MP3s.
With easy access to a good water supply, in the form of an actual river running through his pad, the Dark Knight has gone with a watercooling setup – fed straight from the giant in house waterfall. A twin radiator setup, with a mighty 12 fans (in push/pull configuration, naturally) keeps that water nice and chilly, so as not to disturb the local eco-system. A further 7 fans on the case make this a noisy beast, but when you’re in the zone as much as the bat – you won’t even notice.
Case: NZXT Khaos Aluminium Full Tower Case
MB: Asus P6T7 WS SuperComputer X58 Socket 1366 CEB Motherboard
CPU:Intel Core i7 Extreme i7 980X 3.33GHz Socket 1366 12MB Cache
3 x GPU: Gigabyte GTX 580 3072MB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card
6 x RAM: Crucial Ballistix 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 2133Mhz Memory Kit CL9
5 x Solid State Drives: Intel 600GB 320 Series SSD – 2.5″ SATA-II – Read 270MB/s Write 220MB/s – OEM
Soundcard: Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Soundcard – PCI-Express
Speakers: Logitech Z906 Surround Sound 5.1 Speaker System
3 x Monitors: NEC MultiSync P701 – 70″ Display
PSU: Corsair Professional Series Gold AX 1200W Modular PSU
Bluray: LiteOn iHBS112 12x BD-RE with DVD±RW DL & RAM SATA Blu-Ray Drive
2 x External HDD: Buffalo 6TB DriveStation Duo External Hard Drive – USB 3.0 – 2x3TB Raid
CPU Block: Aqua Computer Cuplex XT CPU Waterblock for Socket 1156/1366
Pump: Aqua Computer Aquastream XT Ultra USB 12v Pump
2 x Radiators: Hardware Labs Black ICE GT Extreme 360 radiator In Black
19 x Fans: Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm 3000rpm Case Fan
5 x Fan Controllers: AeroCool Touch 1000 Fan Controller – 5.25″ Bay
And here are some we made earlier.. well here are some ultimate rigs shared to the NVIDIA rig browser!
Richard Sweeting, PC Gamer & Managing Editor at Gamersathome
“I’ve been playing and building PCs for 21 years, and i’m only 27 so almost all my life. In addition, I have worked alongside the world’s biggest games companies and hardware companies, which always improves my knowledge on the PC world. Also having some friends who are the best in the world at certain PC games and have their own pro brand of PC hardware out, they always inspire to build better and play greater. For me the thing that makes the best PC is not only the graphical power and the CPU power but also the cooling system and PSU that you use, as you don’t want your machine cutting out half way through your journey in Skyrim or a kill streak in Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.”
Phill Cameron, PC Gamer and Freelance Journalist, writing for Eurogamer, Gamasutra, PC Gamer, Videogamer.com and others. See here for our interview with Phill last year about Edinburgh Interactive.
“As consoles come and go, the role of the PC is staying pretty consistent. It’s always going to be at the top of the graphical game, and it’s always going to be providing services that the consoles are going to struggle to keep up with. I’ve been using my PC for games for as long as I can remember, but the thing that I’ve found, in the past few years, is that the need to be at the bleeding edge is diminishing. Having a powerful system is always going to be a boon, but more and more utility is the name of the game, with the breadth of things your PC can do becoming more important than how well you can do them. So it’s not just about how many pixels you can get on the screen, and how much AA you can blast them with, but also how many screens you can get that up on, and how you can interact with those selfsame pixels.”
Terms and Conditions
- By entering into the promotion, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms and Conditions. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- This promotion is open to all UK residents, except for employees of Ebuyer (UK) Limited, their families, agencies or any other company directly connected with the administration of this promotion.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- The prize is one GTX 580 Graphics Card. Nvidia reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- The promotion starts on 19th January 2012 and lasts until 19th March 2012.
- All entries must be received by 23.59 on 19th March 2012 to be eligible.
- Entries that contain any terms or images considered explicit and inappropriate will be disqualified.
- The winning response will be selected by two independent judges. The winner will be notified via whichever channel the entry was submitted, for example, the Ebuyer blog or Twitter. The winner will be notified by Friday 23rd March 2012.
- Should there be no response for any reason including but not restricted to an invalid email address, the two independent judges reserve the right to disqualify that entry and select an alternative winner.
- Ebuyer (UK) Limited accepts no liability for any loss of entries caused by a technical fault.
- By entering this promotion you give permission for Ebuyer (UK) Limited to post your first name initial, surname and home town on our site should you win the promotion.
- The winner of the prize may be required to participate in publicity.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This promotion is governed by English law. If any provision of these Terms shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s prior consent.
- Ebuyer (UK) Limited reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time.